Friday, October 16, 2015

DAY TWO - Capitol Hill

Our animated and highly knowledgeable tour guide explains how the Capitol crypt was originally intended to be the burial place of President George Washington and his wife Martha. 

Unfortunately the interior dome is undergoing renovation to repair structural cracks.

Parachute like protection inside the dome.

Enjoying the weather with the Capitol dome wrapped in scaffolding.

Front steps to the US Supreme Court building.


Who says law and justice can't be fun?

Brandon showing just how big the doors of justice are.





5 comments:

  1. I loved our tour guide at the Capitol building she definitely either seemed like she loved her job! I couldn't believe how huge the doors were at the Supreme Court. All of the architecture was just perfect, especially the figures on the top of the Supreme Court.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think our tour guide made our tour so much more enjoyable. She was funny and full of energy, which kept me interested! My favorite was when Abdullah stood in front of those doors at the Supreme Court. It really showed how giant the doors are! Definitely felt like a little ant :)

      Delete
    2. I know, the doors seemed huge in the pictures we saw in class, but seeing them in real life was incredible!

      Delete
  2. The tour of the Capitol was great! I agree Katelynn she made the tour far more enjoyable since you could clearly see the passion from her for what she does. I was surprised at just how much of the building is under construction this took nothing away from the tour though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our tour guide was so much fun! She seemed to really enjoy her job and was just a joy to be around. It was kind of disappointing to not be able to see the entire dome though but I guess it's just another thing I could add to the list to see again if I ever get to go back!

    ReplyDelete